The unfortunate fact of many nursing home negligence
cases is that victims are not in a position to recognize or
report the abuse themselves. Likewise, many family members
initially do not want to believe that the facility they
trusted to take care of an aging family member is now
abusing them in some way. If your loved one has suffered a
nursing home injury, waiting until you are certain they are
being abused only ensures that more abuse will take place.
Contact an experienced lawyer who knows what to look for.
Experience You Can Depend On—Call 903-792-4513 or 877-792-4513 Today.
At the Law Office of Hawley Holman, my experience with personal injury cases includes thousands of claims and a background representing clients on both sides of the courtroom aisle. Today, I put my knowledge of opposing counsels' strategies to use in representing families and individuals throughout East Texas and Southwest Arkansas against nursing homes. Common examples of nursing home neglect and abuse include:
• Pressure Sore/Bed Sore
• Malnutrition and Dehydration/Improper Feeding
• Unexplained Injuries, Bruises or Fractures
• Physical/Sexual Abuse by Staff/Assault by Other Residents
• Wandering/Elopement Injuries
• Dignitary Injuries/Privacy Claims
• Failure to Provide Appropriate Services - Rehabilitation/Contractures
• Injuries from Staff Neglect
• Improper Use of Restraints (Chemical & Physical)
• Improper Administration of Medications/Medication Errors
• Theft of Resident Belongings
• Economic Exploitation of Elderly/Billing and Financial Medicare/Medicaid Fraud
What is critically important in any case of alleged nursing home neglect is the careful examination of ALL of the person's medical records and nursing home records. These include records from previous health care providers as well as intake exam results, plan of care, nurse's notes, dietician's records, ADL flow sheets, and all other documentation from the facility in question. However, gathering all of the pertinent information requires prompt action on your part.
For more specific information on nursing home neglect and abuse, please visit the Articles section of this web site.
Are you or an elderly loved one being abused? Contact the Law Office of Hawley Holman in Texarkana, Texas, today and schedule an initial consultation. I advance all costs in plaintiff's personal injury cases and receive no attorneys' fees unless I am able to obtain a settlement or verdict in your case.
Contact me today!